Saturday, January 23, 2010

day 9 :: stuff

art
I woke up feeling pretty average this morning so I thought an adventure might make things better. 
but like most big cities, this city isn't one to easily find comfort or beauty. there are so few cities that are designed to inspire - particularly if you want to walk. which is strange because the architects of Houston, like so many cities in Australia, had choices available to them that architects in older cities didn't.

so I resorted to starbucks and sitting in a generic window seat that could have been in Paris or Melbourne, I remembered how lucky I am to make art and to work with great people.
I've always wanted to be in a strange city, touring a work of art I love. and that's what I'm doing.

everyone struggles. everyone has good and bad days.
clare










Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM , Anonymous ??? said...

hey where did the clare photo go?

 
At January 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Blogger daily houston said...

I thought this captured my mood better...

 
At January 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM , Anonymous Adrienne Williams said...

a wise artist told me recently that curling up on sofas with movies and chocolate biscuits helps. actually I may have added the chocolate biscuits bit. x

 
At January 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM , Blogger eyefordetail said...

Don't forget that you've also created a small portal to an alternate universe; one where Starbucks doesn't even exist.

 
At January 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM , Anonymous Georgie said...

Don't you hate those days when nothing and everything is generic, tough job being an artist. Thanks for your work always and take comfort in the familiar of starbucks, somehow you still manage to inspire!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home